Thank you for choosing Magnetic Accountancy Ltd (t/a Tax for Actors) as your Tax Agent.
In accordance with the recommendations of our professional body (AAT), a summary of the terms on which we agree to provide services to you are detailed below.
The terms below apply only to self-employed individuals opting to use our self-assessment services.
Clients that require non-standard services should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive individual terms of engagement relating to their personal circumstances.
By booking an available date in our online calendar, and paying the subsequent deposit, you confirm and warrant that you are authorised to give instruction to us and to receive the advice and work we produce on your behalf.
We will continue to act under this instruction until otherwise notified. Cancellation of this arrangement must be made in writing and is effective only upon written acknowledgment from us. This engagement commences immediately on payment of a booking deposit.
We agree to carry out the work as detailed below:
- In depth analysis of all income and expenditure supported by the documentation you provide
- Compilation of self-assessment tax return, with strict adherence to current tax legislation and guidelines
- Electronic submission of completed assessment to HMRC by the published deadline, as set by HMRC
To facilitate a harmonious working relationship please be aware of the following terms of engagement:
- By booking your self-assessment service via the online calendar, you are committing to provide all the relevant documentation, as detailed in our client document checklist, by your chosen date. Failure to do so will result in you losing your deposit and your “slot”, thus requiring you to repay and rebook.
- We will complete your self-assessment with reasonable care and skill, based solely on the information/documentation you provide and as such the responsibility for complete and accurate information rests entirely on you. Fraudulent submissions based on incomplete and inaccurate information may result in penalties, fines, prosecution or imprisonment. Our liability to you is limited to losses, damages, costs and expenses caused by our negligence or wilful default only. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for any losses, penalties, surcharges, interest or additional liabilities resulting from the supply of incorrect or incomplete information or where you fail to act on our advice or respond promptly to communications from us or the tax authorities.
- We reserve the right to withhold submission of your self-assessment to HMRC until such time that all outstanding accountancy fees have been settled.
- By booking your service via the online calendar, you confirm that you have read and understood the terms as set out in this document and agree that they accurately reflect the services that you have instructed us to provide.
Data Protection Act 1998
We confirm that we will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 when processing personal data about you and your business. In order to carry out the services of this engagement and for related purposes, such as updating and maintaining our client records, for statutory returns, legal and regulatory compliance and crime prevention, we may obtain, process, use and disclose personal data about you.
We shall use appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against loss, destruction, or damage to personal data. To the extent we act as data processor for you, we shall only process data in accordance with your instructions.
We shall answer your reasonable enquiries to enable you to monitor compliance with this clause.
Magnetic Accountancy Ltd is registered with the ICO. Our data controller is Owen Woodgate.
We are committed to provide you with a high-quality service that is both efficient and effective. However, should there be any cause for complaint in relation to any aspect of our service, please contact us. We agree to investigate any complaint carefully and promptly and do everything reasonable to resolve it. If you are still not satisfied, or you feel unable to discuss it with us, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.